Sunday, June 19, 2005

Crazy day!

Saturday was a really crazy day.
We went to Heidelberg, this was an awesome city, it's got the oldest University in Germany, a huge castle, and the whole town was really really old, there were no bombs that hit the city.
I'll get some picture action going later when I have a chance too.

On the way home, we met some Americans on the train, they are working with childern at the air base accross the Rhine, in Wiesbaden. Talked to them they were realy cool, from all over the place, Ohio, Idaho, Cal etc... got some emails to hang out with them later during the trip.
After we got back to Hauptbahnhof (main train station), we parted ways with our group and planned on meeting up with them later that night, but didn't :-(

But what happened made the day the craziest in Mainz so far. We were walking along Rhine (where we suppose to meet Caroline S. and friends) and heard some people talking English so we went to talk to them. Here is a bit of the conversation:
vance - Hi, you guys speak english? Where are you guys from?
Dave - Hey, we are from Canada
Vance - Where?
Dave - Halifax
Andrew - Where in halifax?
Natalie - Clayton park
Andrew - What street?
Natalie - Clayton park drive
Andrew- FUCK OFF!!! I used to live on Glenforest!!!

It was crazy to be that far from home and to see someone that lived two mins from you!!
To make the night end even better (or crazier), I gave the girl our cell phone (we are borrowing one from our friend, Caroline O.) and then I started talking to someone else and lost track of what was happening, it was awesome to see people from Hali. Anyway, I was biking home and thought "shit, where is the phone?!?!?!" so I stopped in the middle of the street and looked in my knapsack and shorts and knapsack again but nothing, so I went to home and to sleep and decieded that I would call the phone in the morning and find the girl and pick up to the phone from her. Well, this morning I called the phone and talked to the person on the other end for like five mins, trying to convince them that it was my phone blah blah blah. As it turend out Craig was the other person so he had the phone!!!!! He took the phone when he left, he went to Vance's place as his bike wasn't working.

well things have been awesome here and should get better, I'm going to Roma tomorrow and to Konstanz to visit Alex in July
Lates

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"It's a small worl after all"

CMac said...

This is your mother, Watch your language!

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew!
When are you gonna be back and are you gonna visit good ol' Bagtown at any point cause I didn't get to say bye to you!
I'm glad you're having an awesome time!

-Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read is evan farmer gay rings vintage costume jewelry dhc skin care 20 jewellery workshoplinks