Wednesday, February 01, 2012

OC transpo GPS

So I read in the paper that OCtranspo still doesn't want to open up the GPS location of the buses to the public for App development.  They opened it for a few days (maybe not too sure) and a few apps came out of it.  Then the OC closed the source, hoping to develop their own apps (i.e. tap into a source of revenue).  I think that they have realize that there is a great potential to make money I agree, however, if I think that if they really want to have the best app, they should have a contest for something and get people to develop one.  Then they can take the best parts of the apps and develop a great official app and to think most/all the work with me done for free!!  If the OCtranspo develops an app, I'm sure they will make us pay for it and it might not have all the options that we as users might want to use.  I'm excited to see where this will go.

As for STO, they are light-years behind everyone.  I think that they first to develop their schedule for Google Transit.  Time will tell!

No comments: