Saturday, February 11, 2012

Round the world in the fastest time!

 Since I have been interested in peoples journeys around the world I read a few books about traveling around the world either using only human power or only using ground transportation.  This lead me to an interesting documentary with Mark Beaumont.  In 2007/8 he cycled around the world in 194 days and 17 hours to break the world record by 81 days.  He had a camera with him and a series was on BBC. I have also tried to read other stories about other people trying to break this record.


Well it turns out there is a race coming up!  The World Race is starting Feb 18th from the UK and there are 12 riders out to race around the world.  I really really hope that a film crew will be following a couple of the riders because this could be an awesome journey. Here is another link to the race from the folks over at Cycle The Earth.


No comments: