Friday, August 31, 2012

Lots to update!!

So things have changed a lot since my graduation from U of U, B.Ed. program.

I was offered a job in Doha, Qatar at the Qatar Canadian School.

The whole process has been very very quick.. Aug 4th was when I emailed with my resume and yesterday, Aug 31, I arrived in Doha!

Here is an email update I seen my family.

So finally got into Doha, the stop over in Montreal wasn't too bad.. I
walked around for a little while, also manged to get Wi-Fi on my phone
to do some emails.  I was able to get a seat at an
emergency exit with about 4-5 feet in front of me.. If you fly with
Qatar, I would suggest doing this.. the other seats are very cramped..
for 12 hrs!!  The man seating next to me asked if I would move for his
wife.. but it would be into the middle.. Sorry.. I should have asked
the flight attendant if there was a free seat in first class.. (they
look very nice, when I walked through to leave the plane. )

At the airport, I had the Al Maha Services. it's a little
lounge and they help with the visa and getting through customs.  I'm
not sure the hassle of not using this service but it was nice to relax
and grab a little food after the flight.

Mike (principal) and Jon (CNA-Q host) met me at the Airport and gave
me a ride to the hotel (Moevenpick Doha). All my bags were ok in the
flight, and didn't have to pay again, yippie.

My room includes 3 meals and wifi so I am able to relax here at the
hotel.. I went out for a 10 mins walk over to the Al Corniche before
lunch and I was sweating by the time I got over there..
I went for a swim in the outdoor this afternoon, the outside temp is
44 and the pool is 32.. like a big bathtub!

I don't think I'll go outside during the day but I'll try to go for
another walk after supper.

2 comments:

Two Degrees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Two Degrees said...

Excellent, cheers to starting new adventure!