Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Another great weekend!!

We finally got home last night after a little detour (went towards the coast of Holland instead of inland, towards Germany) and sleeping in a little later then we expected. But this weekend was great!! Played some soccer and drank some beers! We went to GGroningen, which is in the northern part of Holland. We had a nice drive there, got to drive on the Autobahn (max 180 km/hr), got to see some really nice country side. When we got there we waiting for the other guys to arrive from other cities accross Germany, we had a really international team, mostly working now in Germany. The team had people from Spain, Germany, Canada, US, Bulgaria, Italy, Morocco and a few others that I can't remember, it was hard to communicate on the field! But back to what I was saying. When we got there we didn't really know what to do, but luckly from us there was a drunk guiys wandering around and showed us where the party was, in my last post I talked about a Gong show, it was drinking 24 hrs for some people, we only started at like 7-8 pm, and with 70 euro cents draft, I don't think that you can complain. On Saturday we played 4 games and then on Sunday we played another 3. The morning game on Saturday morning was very hard for me beacuse I was still drunk from drinking so I didn't drink a lot that night but then I found out on Sunday morning that we didn't play our first game until 1:40pm. Also Saturday night, we went downtown to go to a koffeeshop, it was really weird, people could just walk in and buy bags of about 1 gram (5 euros) or about 3 grams (15 euros) of weed and hash, depending on the type. All in all it was a great weekend, but I should get back to work.

Lates,
Andrew