Monday, July 04, 2005

Canada Day weekend

So this weekend was a pretty good one, on Thrusday night was the Sommerfest (this is the German way to spell it). It was a good time, we hung out with Simo (one of the Moroccan guys we met before). THere was some awesome African drumming, so that was really cool. After this we went over to campus to have a look around and found the Biofest party. Almost every week a different department has a party and I think that we have gone to lots of them, well this past Thrusday was the one for Biology. Back to the story, so we hung out there for a while and met some more people, it's great, I think that I have met about 50 people, I've given out my email to try and hang out with them again but nothing ever happens, it's ok.

Friday was Canada day, I hope all of you celebrated!!! We celebrated by going to the huge Sommerfest on campus, this was a campus wide party, tons and tons of people there.
I lost Craig and Vance, when I went to get the handy (cellphone, this is the German word for it, I think that it's awesome), but I saw the girl from Halifax again, and she had a friend, Mike, visiting her, he is also from Halifax. I hung out with them for the rest of the night.

On Saturday, it was a slow day, went downtown, did some shopping bought a pair of shoes, and then that night we just sat around in Vance's room and watched some tv shows (on DVD) and had a few beer. We went onto campus to have a look around but nothing was going on, so we came back to Vance's place. In the basement, there is a small bar, and there was another birthday party going on. We sat outside, it was nice a cool by that point and then a guy came out and started to be sick, and there we started to talk to him. We ended up talking to this guys until about 2 or 3 am.

So I think that on Wednesday we are going to hang out with some Americans over here working.

bye for now
Andrew

1 comment:

Craig said...

I'm envious of your lush lifestyle.