Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Konstanz

This weekend was pretty fun, I went to Konstanz, which is at the bottom of Germany, near a lake. I was there to visit my friend Alex, she is doing a physio course there, also her boyfriend, Timo was there. The lake is called, Bodensee, which means floor sea. It was great, we were only about 1 km at most from the Swiss border most of the weekend. On Sat we drove accross the border to park and then came back over to meet up with some of Alex's friends and then we walked along the harbour and through town for a while. Then we headed to Switzerland to buy some chocolate. From there we went to Insel Mainau, it's an island in the Bodensee, it is really a huge garden, there were rose gardens, a butterfly house, and lots of other really beautiful gardens and views of the alps. After this we went to a park on the Bodensee and swam, it was pretty cold but after a few minutes it was ok. only Timo and I swam.
We were only there for about 20 mins, because it was cold and also we were getting hungry, so we went home and Timo made a typical German meal, it was yummy. That night we just went to a beer garden and sat and talked, they tried to teach me some German words.
On Sun, we went to the Rhine falls, these are the largest falls in Europe, also we had to go back into Switzerland, WEE twice in one weekend!!! If you check out the link, in the middle there is a big rock, we got a boat to there and we able to climb to the top and take pictures, I'll post some later.
Also at the gift shop, I saw Swiss army knives, so I got one. I didn't have one, but now I have a Swiss army knife from Switzerland!!
Well we had to rush back to the train station because my train was at 3:40 pm, a little early then I wanted but it turned out to be an awesome ride home, I went close to the German/France border in the Black Forest, and it was a sight!!!, riding along a cliff almost looking down and seeing homes in the valley and a few going up the other side, pictures to follow.
well thats it for now!!
Andrew
PS we are offically heading to France and Spain at the end of our trip, if you know any great places to go, please pass them along.