Monday, July 18, 2005

Kirchheim

This weekend I went to Kirchheim unter Teck to visit my cousin Celia. Kirchheim is just below Stuttgart and near a mountain in the Schwäbische Albs called Teck. It was a great time, first night I was there we went to a biergarten with two of her friends and had a beer then we went to Fischdorf (a festival) and had one more drink. The next day, Celia had to work so I went to Stuttgart (about 30 mins by train from Kirchheim) to do some shopping and sight-seeing. it was great, I went to the castle and the Mercedes-Benz muesum and just walked around. Celia, Christoph (Cerlia's boyfriend) and I met up after they were down work and walked around. Celia had lived in Stuttgart for a year, so she showed us the market, place to get great döners (but the guy had retired, but we still had one, it was good) and also went to a biergarten. We were geting tried so headed back to Kirchheim.
Saturday morning, Celia and I had a weißwurst breakfast (weiß - white, wurst - sausage), it was yummy and served with a bretzel and beer. After theat we walked around the downtown area and then went back to the apt, got Christoph and we headed off to Ulm, the birth place of Albert Einstein!! We also climbed the münster, which is one of the tallest chruches in the world, we got all the way to the fifth little bump from the top, which is 143 m up!!!! The craziest thing happened while we were in Ulm, it started to rain and then truned to hail!! It hailed in the middle of July!! they were the size of marbles, it was really weird! We walked around town for a little longer and then left to meet up with a few of Celia's friends are a different biergarten and had some supper.
On Sunday morning, Celia took me to her work to show me, the thing was that I couldn't go inside due to security issues, but it was nice to see where she works, also while in the parking lot she said that I could drive her smart car!!, I got to drive a smart car it was awesome!! It's like a normal car just that the back is 2 feet behind you instead of the usual. Then we headed to the Teck and walked up to the top, there is a castle up there and we were able to see for a long way and it was beautiful view of the area.
That afternoon, we went back into Stuttgart to visit the Porsche, except it was family day at the factory, so we couldn't go into the museum!!!! It was annoying, but I guess another reason to come back to visit Celia and Germany again!