Sunday, August 07, 2005

Week away from Germany - Day 1-3

Ok Guys this is going to be a long few posts, or maybe one big one, I haven't figured it out yet.

So we left Last friday which gave us 10 days of pure partying/sightseeing and both we did!!
Go up early Friday morning and went to the Birckstock outlet store and got some sandles very comfortable, which is good for me and my stupid feet. They onlt problem was that the trains were a little late so I missed out on most of Strassburg, just inside the France border (to start our rail passes), but thats ok because it was raining there.
Vance and I took the overnight train with no really problems, Craig on the other hand forgot his passport in Germany, so he went back, poor guy.

Vance and I got to Barcelona and walked around checking out the port and seeing some sights, I'll post them when I get home. That night there was a pub crawl at Travel bar, it was great fun, on this crawl we meet Grant and Janelle, two great people and infact we invited them to come to Madrid with us and they did!!! Grant is an awesome guy, he works in NYC at a theatre and Janelle is a Canadian working in Perth, AUS, so she had a really weird accent. The next day I ended up going to the beach with them and Simone, another Australian, this was the start us my sunburn from hell!!!! it lasted the whole trip and I'm not going to be able to tan for a really long time. After being on the beach for a little bit I went back to the Hostel to meet up with Craig who got into twon and also Vance was there, we then went back to the beach, There we met some girls for the States working France so that was pretty cool. That night, the five, Janelle and Grant had join us in our travels, we just went back to the Travel bar to have a few beer. I left after one drink because I was soo tired. I was soo tried that when the other guys got in, they couldn't wake me up to get into the room so they had to get another key for it.

Well I'm going to save the last night of Barcelona and Madrid and Paris for another one or two posts, but this should get you going again.

Later

Andrew

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And still you are enjoying life. Kudos!